Friday, February 22, 2013

So my sweet hubby suprised me with a kitchenaid mixer for christmas, i have been wanting one soooo bad so i was so excited to get this, it has been making me want to bake more! I am really missing it right now! So i thought i would post a couple of my fav recipes that i have tried lately. This first one is to die for. Its a recipe from my uncle and we just discovered it at the family christmas party this year. We have made it quite a few times since then. I warn you it is dangerous tho, i litterally have no self control with this dessert! Its a great dessert to take to family parties because it makes a big sheet cake pan full, its also really easy to half and just make a 9x13 for smaller get togethers. Either way it is delish and you should definately give it a try!
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Ingredients:
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Frosting:
3/4 cup butter
6 Tbsp buttermilk
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 package of reese's peanut butter cups chopped (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium pot add the peanut butter, water, and butter and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda with a fork. Add to the peanut butter mixture.
4. Add the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla to the bowl and mix well.
5. Stir well and pour into greased or parchment lined cookie sheet pan (jellyroll pan). Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

For the Frosting:
1. In a small pot bring the butter, buttermilk, and peanut butter to a boil.
2. Remove pan from the heat and add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour frosting over the warm cake.
4. Crush up Reese's cups and sprinkle on top of frosting.

The next dessert is also peanut butter and chocolate together which is one of my fav combinations! I came across this on pinterest and had to give it a try one night! This dessert definately taste better warm tho so eat it right when you make them or heat them back up if you eat them later! You def. have to do the frosting on top, that is what puts them over the edge! I didnt add quite that much butter and also i switched out the sugar for truvia! It was delish! Sorry If these arent the best pix i dont know much about taking pix of food! The recipe is from southyourmouth.blogspot.com
Sorry i didnt realize the recipe cut off. You just stir until the oatmeal is mixed in completely and drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Then I just got powdered sugar, cocoa powder and some milk and I didnt really measure i just mixed untill it tasted good and had the right consistency and drizzled it over the top. Delish!
Something a little healther that I love to eat lately is this mixture. I have tried to start eating greek yogurt and its so bitter so I buy the plain Chiobani greek yogurt and I just flavor it myself. This one is one of my favorites.
small container of greek yogurt
one mashed up banana
2 tsp give or take of cocoa powder
1 tbs give or take of peanut butter, depends on how much you like
sliced almonds
I also will add chia seeds sometimes thanks to my friend awnaliese those have now become part of my diet!
Another favorite recipe that is not super healthy but delicious is;
one container of greek yogurt
1 TBS nutella.
you can add strawberries or bananas as well. SO good!!

1 comment:

  1. I was actually commenting to my SIL today about how I did not feel that old or feel that I looked as old as I am. However, after seeing your age I felt a bit older. Haha. I cannot believe that your baby girl is two! My little Bodee will be two in May and my Jesse is three. Time just seems to fly right on by the moment you bring home baby. I am praying for warmer weather and am quite jealous of situation at the moment. Sadly we cannot have peanut butter in our home otherwise I would love to try that first recipe. Aslo, thank you for your sweet comment regarding church. It is nice to know that others know and understand what I am going through. It is rather difficult at times to keep up with church and my two children alone, but I do feel that the benefits will outweigh these times of struggle.

    ReplyDelete